» Full Name: Walton Sanders Goggins, Jr.
» Known as: Walter Goggins or Walt Goggins
» Date of Birth: November 10th, 1971
» Location of Birth: Birmingham, Alabama, USA
» Hometown: Lithia Springs, Georgia, USA
» Currently Lives in: Los Angeles, California, USA
» Eye Color: Green
» Hair Color: Black
» Current Height: 5’11”
» Family: 1 younger brother, Sandy.
» Relationship status: Married; To Nadia Conners
» Children: Augustus Somerset Goggins
- His castmates on The Shield call Walton “Method Man”, since he is a very methodical actor.
- Walton has a predilection for interior design, in particular house illumination and the way it affects a person’s mood.
- His two favorite authors are W. Somerset Maugham and Hermann Hesse.
- Is an avid photographer and traveler.
- Walton likes listening to music: American singer/guitarist Michael Hurley, rock/country band Drive by Truckers, and Joe Henry.
- Walton likes movies by Jim Jarmusch and Coen brothers. About TV shows, his favorite one is Sanford and Son.
- Co-owner of “Ginny Mule Pictures”, along with partner Ray McKinnon, a film and television production company.
- In 2001, a 35-minute movie, The Accountant, produced by Walton’s production company, Ginny Mule Pictures, won an Oscar for Best Short Film.
- Studied acting for 12 years under Harry Mastrogeorge and David Le Grand.
- When Walton was 10 years old, he and his mother were champion cloggers, with the name of Mountain Dancing. They even opened a B.B. King concert when he performed in Atlanta.
- Walton’s brother, Sandy is 15 years younger than him.
- Walton’s first wife, Leanne was the manager of a dog walking business; Walton still has a dog, Beulah, he and her wife had together. After being estranged for some time Leanne later committed suicide on November 12th, 2004. They were married from 2001 to November 12, 2004, the date of her death.
Walton is a critically acclaimed actor (Television Critics Award Nominee for Best Individual Achievement in Drama 2009). He is often referred to by other actors as ‘method man’ because of his intense preparations and his ability to completely lose himself in a role. His much lauded work as Shane Vendrell on The Shield became a showcase for his particular style of realistic acting. He often takes difficult characters and finds their humanity. He was quoted once as saying about playing ‘bad guys’ that he ‘sympathizes and empathizes with the character’s gains and losses’.
Walton is also an award winning filmmaker. He has a production company – Ginny Mule Pictures – with his partner Ray McKinnon. Together they have made four films: a short, The Accountant (won the Academy Award in 2001), Chrystal (Sundance Dramatic Competition), Randy and the Mob and That Evening Sun (South By Southwest Special Jury Prize 2009). He is currently working with McKinnon on a new television show, Rectify..
In May 2010, Walton was finally promoted to series regular for the 2nd Season of the highly praised, Justified on FX.
On a more personal note, Walton is an avid photographer. He has even showcased some of his work on a online blog that he created when he took time off work and traveled throughout India. He is also an avid traveler.
As far as politics are concerned Walton has been active in the Democratic Party, and in the 2008 presidential election, he campaigned for Senator Barack Obama, going door-to-door in neighborhoods throughout Los Angeles. He is also known to be a fan of the work of former President Jimmy Carter (from his home state of Georgia). He is also active in various non-profit organizations that range from environmental to humanitarian work. He is a regular at GLOBAL GREEN USA events and activities. He connected to environmental issues through his wife, Nadia Conners, who directed the documentary The 11th Hour about the environmental crisis.
Movie Roles: 32 Appearances
Produced: 4 Films
To see the entire list of shows, character names and years these aired or were released check out Walton’s IMDB profile.